Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 209: Knot Tying


     I felt like I needed to try more practical challenges that would help me out in the real world. I need to be mastering things like knot tying, hunting and fire starting if I want any chance at the upcoming apocalypse (I think I got lucky that one time, day 140: http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/05/day-140-survive-apocalypse.html). So I grabbed an old shoe string and I looked up some YouTube videos and I practiced some basic knots for survival sake. As it turns out, there's like a thousand different types of knots, and a shoestring is knot that great for tying. I did my best to mirror the technique of the people on YouTube and I got a couple down. The bowline knot was the easiest for me. I think my survival practice went well, but I could always use more.

No comments:

Post a Comment