Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 212: Cart Attendant/ Jenga


     Today at work, I was granted the prestigious task of gathering the scattered shopping carts from the parking lot and lugging them back inside the store so the guests could park them back in the far corners of the lot once they were done using them. I was excited to work outside for a change and so I found Nick, the cart attendant, and asked him if there was any cart retrieving advice he could spare me. He told me to not get hit by the cars and then he sent me on my way. So I began grouping carts into manageable amounts, and lugging them back towards the store. It was hot and I was sweaty, but it sure beats cashier. My cart duties lasted for about an hour and then they had me return to the check out lanes. Now I know that this challenge kind of leans towards the lame side, but that's why there is a part 2 to today's challenge, Jenga. Yeah, that game where you have to remove and re-stack wooden blocks from a tower and hope that it doesn't come crashing down on you. I ended up playing Jenga well into the night with some friends. I had no idea that the game could get that intense. We all focused on the shaking hands of each other as we took turns trying to take out the last possible piece of this vertical puzzle. I only made the tower tip once that night, which is impressive considering the amount of games we played. Its a lot funner than I had always assumed it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment