Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 217: Peg Solitaire



     Pegs is the name of a simple puzzle game that I stumbled upon at some pizza restaurant. My friends Eric and Dom explained the basic concept of the game as we waited for our pizza. The game board was a triangular wood block that had15 holes drilled in it. There were 14 golf tees occupying the holes, which left one hole open. The object was to end up with only one golf tee. You can remove a tee (or peg) by doing a sort of checkers-leapfrog move. Each time you jump one of your tees, you can remove the tee that was jumped. The game gets increasingly harder as the scarcity of the tees on the board increases. I guess I'd call this game solo-checkers if I had the power to do so. Dom, Eric and I tried over and over again to complete the puzzle but we never could get it. I got down to 2 pegs a couple of times, but that's about it. The game was fun and I'm thinking about trying to make my own so I can practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment