Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 222: Finger Prints


     I had to go get my fingerprints taken for my new job. It all took place at some old lady's house on the very edge of town. She charged an even 10 dollars for the trouble and did the entire process in her kitchen in about 5 minutes. She never properly introduced herself, which made it awkward when I tried to do so myself. She silently took my right hand and carefully inked the tips of my fingers. Then, she systematically went pressed each finger onto its designated square on my fingerprint card. The dance was continued with my left hand until every square was occupied with a smudge ink that was solely my own. I washed up with some heavy duty soap, gave her a ten dollar bill, and was on my way. Not the most exciting challenge yet, but not too shabby ether.

No comments:

Post a Comment