Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 377: Review The Worst Music Ever

     Gotta admit, I wasn't a big fan of this one. And I feel like I should also admit, I have some pretty bad music on my iPod. We all have our guilty pleasures that we jam out to but know deep down that they're crap songs. Music is so subjective, that I wasn't sure that I'd be able to find the worst music, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyways. Trusting Google to not let me down, I came up with a Wiki page full of awful music. It listed (in great detail) the worst bands, albums, and singles in music over the past 60 years or so. While scrolling through the article I was pleased to find a couple familiar names. The likes of Elvis, Lou Reed, and Duran Duran had the misfortune to produce at least one song so unappealing that pop culture magazines all over felt it necessary to add them to their list of worst musicians/songs. I listened to the first three singles listed to get a feel for them (they were awful). But I didn't want to consider myself stuck in my musical ways. Maybe these songs really were good, but I just wasn't cultured enough to appreciate them. Honestly, some of them sounded like they were trying to be funny, or pull a gag of some sort. They often lacked any sort of rhythem and just seemed clumsy.
     I tried my luck with the worst album to ever be produced, which I'll post below. Its really bad, even if I try to be as understanding as possible. Its obvious that nobody in the band could play, and a point could be made that nobody in the band actually wanted to play either. An article said that the band was group of sisters and was put together by their father, who wanted them to become the breakout sensation of the 70's. I think that the girls just kinda went with it while their father pulled the strings needed to get studio time and gigs. I feel bad for the girls, but I feel even worse for my ears, seriously...that was really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment