Saturday, June 20, 2015

Day 383: Jeff Bridges' Sleeping Tapes

   
    I kept the theme of listening to recordings to help me relax, but with a few very noticeable changes. Yesterday, I listened to teachings from one of the oldest religions in the world. Today, I listened to the mummblings of the guy that played "The Dude" in The Big Lebowski. Both helped me go to sleep (or at least that fuzzy state of mind in between), but both did so in very different ways.
     From what I remember (and that's important to say because I don't remember much) Jeff Bridges was just sort of, rambling. He had a very "flow of consciousness" type dialog that would most likely be mistaken as the sort of talking one would do to keep themselves from falling asleep while at the wheel. Whatever his intent, or even his knowledge about how to make sleeping tapes, it worked. I was out. Fast asleep and loving it. That was until one of the last tracks started playing. I was groggy so I don't quite remember, but I do remember making some rustling noises and violently closing the app on my phone so I could sleep undisturbed.
     Not liking one track out of the fifteen or so tracks available isn't too bad. Check out his recordings sometime. I'll link the introduction track below.

No comments:

Post a Comment