Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 378: AlmondJoy

     I know, this one sucks. Sorry. But I did have a looooonng day. I worked 10.5 hours and then packed for my camping trip, and then drove 4 hours to Lake Mcconaughy in Nebraska for some camping fun. I had like no time to prepare for something and I paid the price. In a split second decision while picking up some last minute camping items on the way, I reached out and grabbed a candy that I've always seen, but never had any interest in trying; an Almond Joy. See, in recent years I've come to enjoy the taste of coconut (not the texture as much), but I stayed away from anything that resembled a coconut as a kid. Every Halloween night was spent weeding through the crap candy that I received (tootsie rolls, tootsie pops, rocks).
     It was a lame move on my part and I apologize. But the good news is I stumbled upon a new candy that I enjoy! It's really not that bad (the texture is still a little off), but now I understand why my dad was always so eager to take my unwanted Almond Joy Halloween candy. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment