Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 387: Paint My Toenails

     The challenges are starting to get weird, that's for sure. Some of these challenges; like painting my nails, never really came to mind while brainstorming. Not because it was so crazy or strange, it's just, I never even thought of painting my nails as a possibility. It's something girls (and a handful of awkward middleschoolers) do, right? But Stef had all the supplies, and I had all the toes, so it made sense to give it a go.
     Stef got her shoebox of assorted nail polishes and tools of the trade, and we sat on the bed to get our nails did. It didn't seem like the art was too complicated, it went something like this

     A) Put the base coat (had to ask Stef what that was called again) on the nails

     B) Do two coats of whatever your desired color is. Making sure to start painting from the middle of the nail and extending outward, then working each side.

     C) Put a top coat of some kind of protective polish on.

     D) Clean up any paint with a Q-tip and some remover stuff

     E) Do not kick the cat with paint on your toes

     And wham! That's how it's done! So I followed the steps that Stef provided me, painting and cleaning as I watched Netflix. I was somewhat proud of my attempt, although I made sure not to me too good to avoid suspicion from others. The right foot was blue (in honor of my rec league soccer team) with smiley faces painted on top (cause, why not?), and my left foot was all black except for my ring toe, which I painted a classy shade of piss yellow. I was proud, Stef however, did not share the same sentiments. Below is the video of her reaction to my nails. It's hard to make out exactly what she was trying to say trough the fits of laughter and the tears running down her face, but apparently my left foot looked like that of a hooker's.
     So yeah, I got laughed at, and (more importantly) have these crappy smiley faces painted on my toes for who knows how long. I guess I'll be wearing socks this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment