Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 389: The Ian Not (Shoelace Knot)

     The Ian knot, named after some guy on YouTube who goes by the name of Professor Shoelace, is a knot that claims to be the fastest way to tie one's shoes. This knot (or more specifically, variation of the standard shoelace knot) is very similar to the standard knot, but with a twist that cuts down on steps, and time. Now, obviously, non of this matters. I get that. It's the difference between tying your shoes in 7 seconds, and doing so in 8. So I'll admit that it's sort of a cop-out challenge, but I do have to say, this Professor Shoelace guy (or Ian) is hilarious. I'll post the video tutorial he filmed so you can learn the knot yourself, but also, so you can meet a man who is so overly passionate about shoelaces. This man as acquired over a million views from his videos, and every single one is about shoelaces and the knots he can tie with them. His hobby was totally nonexistent to me before this challenge, and I feel like I live in a better place knowing that there's a man out there that takes so much genuine joy out of something so mundane. It's beautiful really.

No comments:

Post a Comment