Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 379: Net Fishing

     So we're at this beautiful lake in Nebraska over the weekend. There's not much to do other than drink cheap beer and eat cheddar hot dogs, and I wasn't about to complain about that. The day was spent playing ultimate frisbee and rafting around in the beautiful weather. I enjoyed myself, and almost forgot to try something new for the second day in a row.
     fortunately, I was given an opportunity while rafting with Mouse. As we paddled through the brush of the lake, we spotted some seriously big fish. Like I don't what constitutes as big, but these suckers were pretty large. So I decided that it's my duty to catch one of there's guys with the net that is available on board. Keep in mind, this is a two-seater raft, so we're rocking the boat with every movement. I tried my best to stay still and plan my attacks the best I could, but my efforts went unrewarded. I swung my net viciously in hopes of catching dinner, but all I did was almost tip us over, lose the net, and get Mouse soaked in lake water. Honestly though, I'm totally okay not succeeding in this challenge, because I was not looking forward to cleaning and gutting a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment