Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 149: Enter A Fishing Contest



     We spent the night in the cabin in the mountains. The next morning we all got ready for the big fishing contest. I had never been to one (hence the reason its my new thing for the day) so my grandma explained. She says that its an annual event where everyone in the area meets up at a certain lake. Then the kids sign up and compete to try to catch the biggest fish. They had a judge on had that would run around the lake and measure each fish with a plank of wood. There is a prize fish that is placed in the lake before hand. If you catch the 21 inch prize fish, then you get the grand prize. Unfortunately nobody caught the prize fish so I never found out what the grand prize was. I wasn't able to compete because the contest was for little kids, but I had a good time watching my brother get his lines crossed with a neighboring competitor. We lured pieces of hot dog to the end of the hook to try to use as bait but the fish weren't biting. Nobody in our group caught a single fish during the contest, but we made up for that afterwards at the cabin, where Sean, Caleb and Colten all caught a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment