Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 148: Bow and arrows, cinnamon rolls, and wood choppin

     It was a fun filled weekend up in the mountains for me and my family.We stayed the night at my grandparents cabin and did mountain man things. Today's challenge comes to you in 3 parts.


     Part 1- World famous cinnamon roll
     On the way up to the mountains, I convinced my mom to buy me a Johnson's Corner cinnamon roll. Johnson's Corner is this little gift shop/restaurant combo deal that has "World famous" cinnamon rolls. I remember watching the news once and the reporter was covering a story about how amazing these pastries were. So I had to try them, and that was part 1 of my challenge for the day. I tried the hyped up cinnamon roll. We stopped at the highway oasis and ordered a couple of their signature desserts. We were given cinnamon rolls that were comparable to my head. They were enormous in size, but they tasted like any other roll that had come my way.

Part 2- Wood chopping
Grandpa chipped the axe
     This one was not very fun at all but my grandpa insisted that I would love it. He heard about my project and has been all gunghoe about finding things for me to try while I was up in the cabin. He came up with wood chopping, which is totally self explanatory. It was boring, but somebody had to get the firewood. So I chopped away, and split a bunch of logs into manageable pieces. I'm getting bored just typing about this ordeal.
Got the firewood
 Part 3- Bow and arrow
     So heres the fun one. My grandpa busted out the bow and arrows and we set up a target about 50 or 60 feet away from where we were standing. He briefed me about how to pull and aim the contraption and then gave it to me try out. I fumbled with it for a while and shot a couple arrows without much luck. I kept at it and eventually got the hang of it. I ended up hitting the target twice (no bullseye) which really pumped up my spirits. It was a fun time and we finished the night off right with some smores by the fire.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment