Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 160: Coconut Water

     Not to be confused with the coconut milk challenge http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-72-coconut-milk-cheap-thrills-at.html. I picked up a bottle of this at a grocery store when we were driving through the night on our way to San Francisco. The packaging made it look like it was super healthy and it was only 2 bucks so I went with it. It had a very mild taste and an even milder coconut aftertaste. I thought that it was pretty alright, too much of a neutral flavor for me to keep buying, but oh well. Some of the health benefits of this stuff are:

  1. Its low in carbs
  2. Its 99% fat free
  3. It low in sugar
     I preferred the taste of the coconut milk, but I felt like I wasn't punishing my stomach with this drink. I had been eating nothing but fast food and gas station treats since the beginning of this trip and so I felt like the tummy deserved a little break.

Heres a link to a site that is gaga about coconut water:http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-320.html

No comments:

Post a Comment