Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 153: Fan Mail

     Before today, I used to proudly be able to say that I had never sent fan mail to anyone. I've never understood the concept of geeking out over people who most likely don't know (or more importantly care) about you. Its things like gossip magazines hat push the idea that celebrities and sports athletes are somehow better then the average human. I remember that whole ordeal when Brittany Spear's chewed gum was sold on Ebay for $14,000. Thats so crazy that anybody would go that far out of their way and into their wallet to feel like they are apart of a "celebrity". So instead of writing to some actor or ball player, I chose to write to someone who I feel is a little more down to Earth than the Celebs and and the gossip churners. I chose Rodney Mullen. Rodney is a professional skateboarder who has somehow been able to literally invent almost everything possible in the skateboarding world while staying out of the spotlight at the same time. His ungodly amount of raw talent on the board and his humble presence are what makes him a life-time inspiration for me. My letter to him really wasn't even about him or how great he is. Basically, the entire letter was me explaining why I was writing to him. I explained the project and some of the challenges I have done, I even threw in a business card from Day 81's challenge (http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-81-business-cards.html) so he could check out this blog if he ever felt the need to. So, as far as fan mail goes, I think that I kept it pretty straight forward, which is what I was going for.
Meet Juliea Roberts Guy. He has 82 tattoos of of her. I feel like
he's pretty familiar with the whole fan mail routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment