Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 162: Visit The Garlic Capitol Of the World

     Gilroy California is nicknamed the Garlic Capitol of the world, and it just so happens that we made a visit there. We didn't intentionally visit it, we just needed gas and a pee break. But that bathroom stop turned into a skate break, then a pizza time-out, and then finally a restful sleep in a Motel. As we explored the town and searched for pizza, we were bombarded by garlic related billboards. This town was really into their garlic. They had mascots and farms designated for the cause. Most everything was closed by the time I decided that I wanted my challenge to have something to do with this garlic loving land. It was too late for me to try some of their famous garlic ice cream (yeah, they really have it) so I decided to simply count the fact that I visited the garlic capitol of the world. Next time I'll for sure try that garlic ice cream, but until then heres a wiki page about this great city. It's sure to get your taste buds frothing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilroy,_California
I told you it was real

No comments:

Post a Comment