Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 152: First day

     So today was my first day at Target. I worked a 2-10:30 PM shift and was on cashier duty. The training process seemed to be almost non-existent for the most part because Mike (My female supervisor with a boy's name) was super busy. She handed me a trainee packet and stood me in front of a pretend cash register that was designed for training people like me. She laid her hand on the packet and said "Look through this then come see me.", then she ran off to take care of Target related things I suppose. So I paged though the booklet and practiced scanning barcodes on the scanner. I had to keep refusing customers that thought my register was open, probably because I looked like a natural at zapping the barcodes. After the pretend time fun at the semi functioning register, it was time for me to tag along another team member and see what they do. That team member was a Masha, a Russian girl with an accent that was sometimes too thick to understand. She was nice and tried to answer any questions I had (while sounding like Ivana Humpalot from Austin Powers). I was eventually moved to my very own register where Masha looked over my work for a while before she thought I could handle it on my own. I spent the next 6 hours or so checking guests and learning the ropes. It was a great first day and the people that work with me seem pretty cool. Hopefully things stay like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment