Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 156: Horoscope

     It's about midnight right now and I am leaving in about an hour to begin my 10 day road trip across the the Southwest. A week and a half long excursion through the deserts of Arizona and beaches of Cali with three great friends (Mouse, David and Kevin). I definitely plan to continue completing the project as scheduled, but I don't know if I will be able to post the daily entries as they happen. I thought that I'd at least update the blog to here before I left so that I wouldn't be even further behind after the trip. But before I go, I'd like to leave you with one more challenge.
     I wanted to do a cool challenge for today, I really did, but work and packing got in the way of that. So instead of getting some good material for the cause, I decided to find out what my horoscope was and to get in touch with my inner soul. I actually had to look up what my sign was cause I definitely don't buy this horoscope crap. Turns out that I'm a Pisces, which is a fish. I don't think that I really identify with the fish thing cause I totally hate fish, but I kept going. It turns out that my ruling planet was Jupiter and that my lucky gem was the moon stone, which I found funny because, as it turns out, I own one of the moons of Jupiter (Day 91: http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/04/day-91-i-own-moon.html). The site went on to say some more uber vague garbage like how I'm easygoing and artistic. I feel like the people that believe the horoscope to be true refuse to contemplate the high possibility that the majority that don't share their sign may also have easygoing and artistic traits. The little blurb about pisces was so generalized that virtually anyone could relate to in at some level. Its just that they place this super iffy info in such a strict context (your birthday) that many people make the slight coincidences fit, even when they don't. I suggest that you go to one of these sites and read one of the descriptions, but don't look at which one you pick. You''ll probably find out that they all fit your personality at least a little bit.

http://www.horoscope.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment