Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 168: Watch The Best Movie Ever

     Well, thats what IMDB says. According to their website, The Shawshank Redemption is the highest rated movie with a score of 9.2. My film teacher (hate that guy) had nothing but great things to say about the film and I felt like I was missing out on a theatrical gem when I said that I had never seen it. I also thought that I needed to even the scores since I did that "Worst movie ever" challenge (day 12: http://aimforeclouds.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-12-pocket-ninjas.html)
      I had tried to watch it once, it was in a motel in Montrose Colorado, but it just so happens that I was sick as a dog at the time. I tried to keep my eyes on the TV as I hurled into a trash can. Despite my best efforts, all I remember about the experience was a lot of puking and a little Morgan Freeman. I passed out on the motel bed and since then, have yet to actually watch the film with a healthy immune system and a sober state of mind.
     So I watched it, cause it's the best film and all. There were a couple of scenes that I could loosely remember but for the most part, it felt like I was watching it for the first time. I actually really enjoyed it, like a lot. I thought that the entire movie was done really well. Everything from the camera angles to the acting was nothing short of awesome.  I don't know if its the best movie I've ever seen, but it was very very good. I highly recommend watching it (when your not puking), I think you'll enjoy it.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dying"

No comments:

Post a Comment