Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12: Pocket Ninjas

     I was still in the movie watching mood today and so I made my challenge movie themed. Simply put, I decided to watch the worst movie ever made. After a little bit of research and a fair amount of controversy, I found a list on the Huffington Post's comedy section of the top ten worst movies ever. The list consisted of obscure titles and it didn't seem like it was in any particular order. And that got me thinking, would you rather be famous for directing/ acting (though if any actual directing or acting had taken place, the movie surely would have escaped the fate such a list) the in the worst movie ever, or the second worst movie ever. I think that I would go with being know for making the single worst film, not just the runner up. I mean hey, if your going to suck, you might as well not suck at the sucking part, am I right? The movie I ended up watching was the 1997 martial arts classic, "Pocket Ninjas". Take a look at the trailer...
     This is a real movie. Somebody actually put effort into this crap. I couldn't believe it either. I sat through this monstrosity about crime fighting preteens on roller blades and wrist guards. It was laughable at some points (not in a good way) but I'm not about to say that I'm proud that I watched it. If you've got some time/ brain cells to kill and feel like making a horrible life choice, I suggest that you watch this diamond in the rough. I'm honestly dully amazed that I even made it though the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment