Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 21: Cook Without A Recipie

     Another busy day today. Filled with calls to a credit union in Georgia, scooping ice cream, opening a new bank account, trying (but failing) to buy my books for school, and me blankly starring at my homework for like twenty minutes. I was on the go all day and I gave no thought as too what my new thing was going to be. I was hungry so a food challenge was the obvious route to take. I was toying with the idea that I could drink a blenderized happy meal (Its a tribute to a vlogbrothers punishment/challenge) but McDonald's did not sound edible at the moment. I decided that cooking a simple new dish would suffice. And so, the birth of my improvising days as a cook began.

     Eggs, eggs are in like... everything, right? Right. So I started off by whipping up 4 eggs and a dash of milk. That was cooking on the stove while I dug through the fridge, desperate for delicious inspiration. What I found was the bowl of pudding and zip-lock bag of tofu from my past challenges. There wasn't much to choose from, but I kept digging, and I found a little. A bag of shredded cheese (cheddar and mozzarella), some lunch meat, tortillas, hot sauce, and my gut instinct. I heated all that crap up and added some sea salt and pepper. The dish sure did smell good and I was optimistic that my healthy hot sauce portions would make dinner a bit more enjoyable. The egg thing was done cooking so I lined my tortilla with some more turkey/ham, cheese and hot sauce and stuffed some eggs in it. It was sort of like if a lunch sandwich and a breakfast burrito had a baby. Then I ate the brunch baby with my trusted brother along side me. I had him judge and critic, which wasn't much of a help. He was totally neutral on whether my dish sucked or not. I think its because he hasn't had enough good food to be able to tell if he is eating bad food. I guess that I haven't ether, cause I thought it was pretty good. Not bad, not great, just pretty good. It would have been better if I could have found something other than lunch meat but other than that, I liked it. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment