Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17: Learn To Grill Wings

     It was an utterly beautiful day today and I took full advantage of it. I got up early, went and skated for a couple hours and went to play some basketball (I kinda suck at it). My friend Joey and I were dicking around with trick shots and thats when I thought of a full court shot to be a practical daily challenge. I tried for a while and got oh so close on like two, but my shoulder was starting to bug me and it didn't look like I was going to make the shot. After an hour or so of me embarrassing myself trying the shot, I decided to settle for an easier goal that we all could enjoy.
"Its not goal tending,
just a damn good defense"
  Chicken wings! They're sure are tasty and, as I just found out, easy as hell to make. Simple. Just defrost those frozen birds, marinate them in a zip-lock bag with the flavorings of your desire, fire up the grill and rotate the wings every 5 minutes or so. My dad has this lemon pepper seasoning/ marinating juice thing that we used. The wings weren't quite finished cooking the first time I plucked them off the grill but a good 10 extra minutes of grill time took care of that. Dinner was good and fully cooked, making the the challenge (and the day) a success. I learned some basic grill techniques and plan on utilizing them a lot this summer with endless BBQ's and grill outs. I like these food challenges because they (for the most part) are pretty simple, yet the ability to make foods (not including things like cereal and sandwiches) is necessary to me not dieing of hunger once I move out. Plus, if I'm having a hard time thinking of a new thing to try, I can always thumb through a cookbook and find a new dish or meal to make. Thats probably going to be a "just in-case" challenge for me several times throughout this project.
The final product

No comments:

Post a Comment