Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 27: Cigar

     Sooooooooo,  I tried a cigar tonight. I had the whole thing planned out; I was going to go to this fancy cigar shop that my friend told me about and get some first had info on the activity. I was going to pick out a prestigious looking stogie. I would cut the end with professional clippers and I would look totally sophisticated while I puffed. Thats all what I was supposed to do, but none of that happened. I didn't get the chance to even browse inside the cigar store because we pulled into the parking lot 8 minutes after closing time. That kind of sucked, but  that little hiccup wasn't about to ruin the evenings agenda. I was planning on smoking a cigar and dammit, thats what I was gonna do. Mouse and I drove to a Walgreen's to settle with their private label brand of cigar. We both picked up a Blenders Gold for $3.90 and proceeded to research the art of cigar smoking via Google as opposed to the friendly/knowledgeable salesman at the closed cigar store. We got the jist of it and lit up at the skatepark. It was colder than a witches tit so we decided to do what the cool kids do; cruise through town while enjoying a Blenders Gold. I was getting the hang of it. I read not to inhale but to simply suck in and enjoy the flavor. I also read that you should puff about once a minute to really enjoy it. I was focusing more on how the cool factor of how I held the stogie. Mouse's cigar wasn't burning quite as evenly but he was hangin in there. We drove around town till it became all too apparent that my town sucks. Thats when we headed down to Boulder to say "hey" to a couple friends. We arrived at their house and indulged in the laughs and good times. The cigar wasn't that bad, and I can see myself partaking in one when something calls for a celebration.
I am sooooo cool lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment