Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 1 Raw Egg Challenge

It was more of a spur of the moment thing I guess. I was just sitting in the dish pit at work with a fellow dish washer thinking about my newly proposed project of trying new things (thats what this blog is about) when it became obvious that brainstorming things that you have never done but could still try while at work and not get fired, was pretty hard. We came up with things like the cinnamon challenge (look that one up) and learning how to juggle things that were on fire (that one would probably violate the "not getting fired" thing). Nothing sounded like it had much potential. That was until I found inspiration in the walk-in fridge, there I saw a box of eggs. Needless to say I thought of that classic scene in the Rocky series where he is downing raw eggs and punching frozen meat corpses. And so the raw egg challenge became my first accomplishment of this project. I just cracked an egg, tossed the icky stuff into a glass, made sure that the camera had a good view of it (I filmed it, and I'll post it if I can figure out how) and took the shot. I'm not gonna say that it was terrible (The equivalence of raw spaghetti-o's), but it certainly wasn't worth trying if you could just as easily have cooked into an edible omelette. the egg itself was almost flavorless, the slimy texture is what will make your face pucker up and your muscles flinch. That was it, nothing life alternating or life threatening, just a new experience. Day one finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment