Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 30: Try An Energy Drink

     Oh the fad of energy drinks. Those addictive little aluminum cans filled with ingredients that I cant pronounce. Their cleche brand names, logos and (worst of all) douche-tastic adrenaline craving market. They're corny, and smell like microwaved poop (probably). I've have proudly strayed away from the energizing beverage and the twitching and crashing side effects, for as long as they have been around. I've resisted the urge to indulge in the crazed drink mainly because it resembles radioactive battery acid. The fact that each can would run for $2.50 didn't help their cause as well. So I have yet to taste the forbidden (energy) fruit (drank), well, until today. I went out and picked up the least intimidating drink I could find, a Bing. I went with Bing cause I'm a bit put off by these IN-YOU-MOTHA-LICKIN-FACE drinks, the ones that are a small step down from a soda/crack hybrid. Who needs that kind of a kick? If you think that you really need 12 constant hours devoted to getting totally pumped for your office meeting (as depicted in the last energy drink advert), you might want to consider a career change. A full day of your heart trying to escape through your mouth while sweating out the urine of Chuck Norris doesn't sound like my cup of tea (Er, um. Redbull I mean). Bing, it looked fairly harmless with its lack of overly-bold font and modest use of flames and skulls (none).
      I would describe the taste as if you sent an electric current through your brand name soda. It wasn't bad, and there was basically no bite in the after taste. Just enough to let you know "Hey! get energized, get motivated". It was pretty tasty actually, I finished almost the whole can by the time I reached the skatepark. I skated around for a while and couldn't really tell either way whether the drink worked or not (my heart was still encased in its cage). It was only a couple minutes after downing the last drops that I felt like moving, a lot. I was all over the park, jumping off shit and cutting little kids on scooters off. It was pretty awesome. I did some basic things, only faster and without any conscious thought of it. And I did some new things that I'm pretty excited about. I was skating fast and eating shit. It was so much fun. Not to take anything away from the idea that the drink made the skate sesh, but I skate kind of like that anyways. I like to skate fast and spontaneously, I just think that the drink may have given me more sugar to keep skating fast and spontaneously. I might have been twitching out the whole time but its not like I was going to notice it with my music blaring and me constantly cruising around. Now, if I had foolishly tried the Bing or some other form of liquid adrenaline 10 minutes before my History of Jazz class, we might of had some problems. I would be shooting paper footballs, making fart noises or drawing random nonsense on my notes (or anything else that I already do but way louder and more obnoxious). Point of the story: Energy drinks are not for everyone or every occasion. Defiantly not for a class as boring as The History of Jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment