Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 16: Cheeseburger one bitter

     Like seafood, fast food isn't particularly high on my desirable foods list. I cut back almost completely for about the last 6 months. I found myself at a Taco Bell a few times when money got tight or when I decided to make a bad decision. But for the most part, I was fast food free, and it felt pretty good. And so I disregarded all of that today, when I attempted to stuff an entire McDonald's double cheeseburger into my mouth in hopes of completing the cheeseburger one bite challenge.
     Its a challenge that my friend Kevin suggested while at work today. I've seen a couple friends try it, and fail, and I think I've even had the pleasure of watching one of my friends successfully consume a CD sized meat patty sandwich in one bite. Its inspiring stuff, and it was my turn to be one of the greats.
     So I went to a Micky D's (first time in a while) and picked up the food, along with some for Kevin, and mentally prepared myself to be disgusted. The challenge didn't last long and was not a success, kind of like basically all of my previous food challenges. And thats a discouraging thought because if I cant complete these novice edible challenges, how the hell am I going to hold my own when the time comes for me to try the biggest pizza challenge or the 50 piece Mcnugget challenge (which I'm not looking forward to). So it went a little like this: I unwrapped it, stuffed a little bit over half of the sandwich into my face, and then it was apparent that my jaws weren't able to chew and my throat wasn't about to let me take that whole thing down. Thats about when I tried to shovel the rest of the sandwich into my mouth but there was no place for the surplus of food to go. So I failed, I spat it out and was grossed out (mildly because of the thought of even trying that). But at least I did better this time then I did with that damn peep's challenge. I'm starting to notice the trend that has been going on with me and food challenges, mainly, I suck at them. But there is some good news, that challenge has renewed my faith in not eating fast food. That stuff is gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment