Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26: Donate To Charity

     What can I say? That whole ordeal at the blood donation center yesterday put me in the giving spirit. I felt good donating blood (well I actually felt a needle stabbing my arm, which didn't really feel that good at all) and I felt good about it afterwards. In fact, I still feel good about it (and sore). But I didn't want this charitable goal to go down in vain. I didn't want it to be that one-time-feel-good-fluke. So I decided to spare what I could financially, and donate anonymously to the Habitat for Humanity charity. I guess that it defeats the anonymous factor if I blog my accomplishment, but thats not the point dammit! I gave what little money I could part with (10 dollars, being broke isn't as fun as its cracked up to be) to an organization that hopefully will do some good in the world. I don't think that 10 bucks will get um far "but its better than a sharp stick in the eye". It feels good to do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment