Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4: Fixing Dinner

Its kind of pathetic when I think about it, but I realized today that I hadn't made dinner for my family in all of my nineteen years (yeah, I know). I had yet to even prepare a decent meal for myself. I just didn't know how. That all changed tonight when I made burritos, a classic, yet basic dish that will probably make up the high majority of my meals once I move out (along with pizza and day-old-pizza). I consider the dinner a success, I mean, no body puked yet (I think), and I felt confident enough to try a second burrito. I think I need to ease up when cooking though. I was completely paranoid about burning everything and forcing my family to share a take out pizza from little ceasars while we watched our house go up in flames from a kitchen inferno (maybe thats a little exaggerated, but these things happen ya know). Thats about it, nothing really notable happened (other than the meat tasting like it had freezer burn {which it did}), the house didn't go up in flames and everybody survived. What more could you ask for? Mission complete.
I'm clueless as to what new thing I can do tomorrow but I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment