Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 157: Impromtu Road Trip

San Fran
     So I just got back home from my road trip and it was rad to say the least. We traveled 4,372 miles through 5 states over 9 days. We had a full roster, David, Kevin, Mouse and I all crammed into a two door Honda Civic hatchback with not much more than our skateboards and a couple of clean pairs of undies. We hit some big name towns such as; Los Angelos, San Fransisco, Phoenix, Albuquerque, and San Diego. But we also made time to visit some lesser known towns; Trinidad, Gilroy, Provo, and Buckeye are a few.

 It was a great trip, and I think that the lack of planning may be to blame for it's success. When I say that we didn't plan out this trip, I totally mean it. All I knew was that I needed some money, my skateboard, and some clothes. We literally waited till the four of us were in the Honda to even ask which direction we should go. We didn't have any plans or reservations, no expectations or deadlines, thats the way to do a road trip.
San Diego
Shred sleds 
We decided on going South to New Mexico and skating there for a while. Then when we got bored, we would simply choose a new state to go to. We went from Colorado to New Mexico to Arizona to California to Arizona again to Utah to Colorado again. We slept in the car for 7 out of the 9 days. One night we got a hotel room and the other we slept at Mouse's grandpa's house in Buckeye Arizona.
Venice Beach 
















It was a trip where showers where almost non existent and gas station food replaced our entire nutrition intake. A completely improvised, candy induced, skateboarding inspired, fart joke filled journey for me and my friends.
Sleepin on the road

No comments:

Post a Comment