Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 275: Start A Charity

     Yup, I'm getting into the good karma business. I've decided to enlist the help of a friend (Dom) to help out with the logistics of the operation. He dabbles with that whole spectrum of politics and he's even worked on a charity before, so he seems qualified. As it turns out, there's a lot that goes into starting a charity. I've devoted a few hours to the project already and I still don't really know what I'm doing. I've got things like the Mission statement, articles of incorporation and the bylaws written down, but I don't know where to go from here. Thankfully, that's why I have Dom. He's informed me of some of the tax forms that I'm going to have to get my hands on before much of anything takes shape. So until then, I guess I'll focus on getting the word out.
     My charity, the Medeyum Future Fund will serve as a resource to help underprivileged people take part in new experiences. It has been established to make once in a lifetime opportunities more accessible to everyone. If successful, this organization will be used to fulfill life goals that can range in size and severity. Basically, it will (hopefully) be an account of money that will be used to make an individuals life goal (anything from skydiving and traveling, to continuing education and small business loans) a reality. The recipients will apply for financial aid from the charity by proposing their goal via email to medeyum@yahoo.com. They will state their wish and why they believe they deserve the organizations help. From there it is up to the organization's committee to decide if the applicant qualifies for aid. To donate or learn more about the organization, please write an email to medeyum@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment