Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 282:Practice Acupressure

     While surfing through the great all-knowing-ness of Google, I stumbled upon acupuncture's distant cousin. Both of these ancient therapies do wonders for body, but acupressure does it without those nasty needles. It uses a mixture of massage therapy and pressure points to cure you from every thing from headaches to insomnia. Because I didn't have a headache (which was both good and bad in this case), I decided to put their restlessness cure to the test. A few helpful YouTube videos instructed me how to go about making myself sleepy. They talked about gently rubbing small circles into the area at the top of my wrist (that lied directly below the pink finger) with my free thumb. There were a couple of other maneuvers they went over, and if they were done right, the production of Melatonin would increase and make me sleepy in no time. And waddya know? I think it worked. Call it the placebo effect, but I remember feeling significantly sleepier a short while after the whole ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment