Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 269: Write A Dear Abby

     For those of you that don't know what or who Dear Abby is, it's an editorial column started by Pauline Phillips. She received questions written from her fans and she would publish her answers and opinions for her readers to see. Today, her daughter, Jeanne Phillips keeps her mother's tradition alive by answering e-mails from all over the world. I sent in a message that delt with a problem that is near and dear to my heart, my loathing of small talk. I seriously hate it, and a seriously asked her for help. I asked for advice on how to engage in conversation without using a line as demeaning as "How bout that weather?". I'm still waiting for her response to my troubling problem, so until then, I'll simply greet people with what I like to call "big talk". I'll start off chit chat with something like "Do you believe in aliens?" or "What are your thoughts on parallel universes?". That'll surely get me better acquainted with the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment