Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 265: CD And Toothpaste

     This is the last time I take advice from a friend of a friend of a friend. I was told that the application of toothpaste would fix any scratch, dent and mark on a CD. So I followed the instructions from some YouTube and carefully coated my copy of an old skateboard DVD that had gotten scuffed up over the years. Things got messy quick as I rubbed the paste in. After I rinsed the disk and let it air dry, I found that there was still a cloudy film of paste covering the CD. So I rinsed it again and dried it with a towel. Once it dried for the second time, I popped it into the player only to discover that it worked just as badly as it did before. In fact, I think the stupid toothpaste and towel drying inflicted more damage than anything. Stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment