Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 266: Tin Can Radio

     Here's another project that didn't work out at all. We've all seen those tin can radios. Those soup cans that are connected by fishing wire that transmit messages to fellow soup can enthusiasts. The primitive walkie talkie took approximately 40 seconds to construct, but took well over a half hour for me to realize that it wasn't going to work. Sean and I took turns calling each other via can from opposite sides of the living room, but it was too hard to tell whether or not our messages were traveling through the line or not. So I positioned myself outside on the driveway and talked through the line that led inside the open door of the house and to Sean who was still in the living room. The background noise was blocked by the house, which was good, but my neighbors who were out playing basketball gave me a few puzzled looks, which was embarrassing. Still, I tried to communicate with the makeshift telephone but it just wasn't happening. Finally, I gave up and went back to using my normal cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment