Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 278: Surprise Roadtrip

This is what the scenery looked like the whole time

     I know that I had the random road trip challenge already, but that was nothing compared to this. I was chit chatting with my sister over Facebook when she told me that I should come out and visit her in Kansas this weekend. She told me that it was Hyllningsfest (I'm still not sure what it is either) and that it would be a cool experience. At first I dismissed the invitation because it was such short notice and I'd have to basically leave a couple hours earlier if I wanted to arrive at her little town in Kansas at a desirable time. But then I started thinking about what I had going on this weekend and realized that a couple days out of Thornton wasn't a bad idea. So I called up Mom and invited her on the trip, and to my surprise, she accepted with almost no hesitation. Then I called my sister back and announced that she should be expecting us at her house by about 1 o'clock in the morning. From there I broke the news to my brother via text and packed my bag before work. Once I got off the three of us met up (a couple hours later than expected) and began our journey across the dusty planes of Colorado and Kansas. After a few gas station stops and a repulsive dinner at Arby's, we finally made it to Sarah's modest town at 3 o'clock that morning. It was by far the most spontaneous trip to date but it was good to see my sister again.
The town's biggest attraction

No comments:

Post a Comment