Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33: Learn Basic Car Repairs

    So the whole vegetarian thang is in full swing, well for the rest of the week that is. I'm still holding up nicely. A bowl of tomato soup and a disappointingly thin grilled cheese sammich got me through my lunch time meal. It's only been a day but I'm pretty proud of myself. I can say that today, February 2nd, 2011, I (Kyle), have not been directly responsible for the murder of some adorable farm animal for the sustainable nutrition of myself. I guess thats a good thing? Right? It probably isn't worth as many karma points as that whole donating blood ordeal, but I'm doing my part. And all I had to do was eat a crappy grilled cheese sammich.
     As for the rest of my day... It was pretty uneventful. I went to school (in my slippers) and I went to work (in my slippers). I consider slippers to be the flip flops of winter. Ya just gotta have um if you want to stay sane and comfortably stylish through these bitter months. I know that I'm ready for anything winter throws my way once I slip into them. Well, not really. They're really only good for lounging around while its too damn cold and icy to do anything worth doing. I really really despise winter, and I am always willing to rant my face off about why winter is nothing but suck (which I might just do). I have met many people that claim that they are absolutely thrilled to scrape inches of frost off their windshield in the mornings. They adore icy road conditions and the hassle of shoveling and re-shoveling their driveways. The early arriving, frigidly cold nights and the constant threat of contracting some sort of illness is just, peachy to them. I, on the other hand, feel a little different. I love summer, I love to be outside (when it doesn't require more than 2 layers of clothing), I love feeling the suns rays and hearing the looped recording of the ice cream truck. Scraped knees and sun burns. Summer, its about getting out there, anywhere, and doing things, anything. Everything is alive and fine in the summer months. I can only hope that summer gets here soon.
     So anyways (sorry about the tangent), I was at school, attempting to stay focused. Staying focused is some sort of a weak point of mine, and it has been for a while (see above paragraph/pointless tangent for example). I give some attention to the teacher for a while, then, I start to wander. I usually end up completely consumed in something meaningless like a doodle. Heres the one from today.
     I finished a couple more doodles and was released from my last class. I was heading out to the parking lot with my friend Joey when I saw a girl pushing a dead PT Cruiser into a vacant spot in the lot. She finished maneuvering the car into place and shouted to us. She need a jump start and assumed that two strapping lads such as ourselves could help. And so my new thing for the day landed in my lap. I had never jumped a car before (Hell, I can barely drive one). Long story short, we jumped her car, saved her day and learned something new. I don't know if I could preform a car jump by myself, but at least I did it. Counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment