Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 39: Make A Resume

     Welp, snow still sucks, and its still here...which sucks. I didn't go outside at all today. I didn't change out of the clothes I slept in. I didn't even brush my teeth or shower this morning (I know right). I feel like I'm stuck in slow motion when the weather is crappy. And its not that cool kind of slow motion like in that movie Clockstoppers. Its the bad slow motion, the kind that is overused in corny action films or what prisoners in solitary confinement have to deal with. I'm trapped in a box, and the time drips like molasses here. So instead of doing homework, I painted. Painting isn't my new thing for today, but it was most of my day consisted of.


     As, for my new thing, I made a resume. Now you might think that making a resume is my lamest goal so far (I would probably agree) but I think that, given the circumstances (the weather and my lack of ambition), making a resume was probably the most productive thing I could have done. I made one with a free online service that would conveniently mold my info and experience into a professional looking piece of awesome. I typed everything up and the product looked great. My resume was organized and easy to digest. The only problem was that the free part of the online service was that typing my info was about the only thing that it would let me do. I couldn't send my portfolio or use most of the features, and forget about the print option. Every time I tried to send or print the file, a matter-of-factly window would pop up to tell me that only paying subscribers were allowed full access to those "advanced features". Thats how they get ya. But they didn't get me, I stubbornly copy and pasted each and every category of info (cause for some reason, I couldn't simply copy any text from the print preview window) and fiddled with Microsoft Word till my rigged version was comparable to the original. It was a lame goal but lets see who's laughing once I land a job that will pay me enough to not be considered broke. That'll be the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment