Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38: My last day as a herbavor

     Well, another storm seems to be moving in. I was at work and witnessed one ridiculous change in weather. Earlier today was a mild 50 degrees with a pleasant, mostly sunny sky. Now thats some weather I could get used to...well at least until summer finally gets here. I cant take this freezing overcast environment. Its too gloomy and depressing. I feel like the sun complements any situation, always. The warm rays it brings and comforting breeze can make any scenario suck a little less. I feel like we're all a little solar powered, or at least our mood is influenced when its beautiful outside. Point is; Love summer, bummed out during winter.
     Today is day 7 of my vegetarian challenge. That means its over, I beat it. I think that might even be my first edible challenge that wasn't a complete failure (I guess that the raw egg challenge {day one} was a successful food challenge, but I wouldn't really consider myself the winner with all things considered. No one's a winner when it comes to raw eggs). So yea, I completed my challenge and to celebrate, I made a full on veggie friendly meal. It wasn't anything special because I had school and work today, but it was damn delicious. I cooked some cheesy noodles, fried up a couple grilled cheese sammiches, cut up some apple slices, and cut up a lemon wedge for my sprite (for looks). The cheese, along with everything else, was delectable. It was a simple yet time and cost efficient way to make a tasty, meat free meal. I finished my meal and headed off to work where I served fat people food that they absolutely do not need while we got dumped on with the worst of winter. Another day in the life of Kyle Garlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment