Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 54: Learn How To Fold Origami

     Today I took on the task of learning some basic origami (along with learning the proper spelling of the word origami). My friend Kevin taught me how to make a couple simple shapes while at work, but the real origami folding session began once I got home. I looked up some basics for me to try. After miserably failing at my first two attempts at making an "8 point star", I decided to go with a cube. It wasn't that hard now that I think of it. It was just a lot of redundancy because the cube was made out of 6 identical pieces of paper that were all folded in strange ways. I got around to folding all of the pieces of the puzzle and all that was left was to simply slide the ends of each part into slots of its counterparts. Before I knew it I had an impressive looking paper cube. I took some time to scribble on it with sharpie and then it was done. Aw yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment