Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 40: Diner Style Sandwiches

     Today I attempted to cook a diner style sandwich (or at least thats what I call it). Yeah, I know that this challenge is lame...But so is having no time in the day because I worked and went to school today. The veggie challenge just ended so I thought that I should welcome my meat eating diet back by making a favorite meat filled sandwich of mine. I remember eating one of these puppies a while back, and I recall it being damn delicious, so I wanted to try. The sandwich is basically a grilled cheese sandwich, with mayo, ranch dressing, ketchup, ham, turkey, salami, and a couple of cheesy scrambled eggs. I stacked each component on top of each other and cooked it till the bread was golden brown, I seasoned the eggs with some garlic salt and pepper. I cooked up a can of chicken noodle soup and a tall glass of milk to go with the meal. The sandwich was delicious, maybe even better than what I remembered. It wasn't very hard to make either. All I had to look out for was not screwing up the eggs while the rest of the sandwich was cooking. So thats a definite success in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment