Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 49: Feed A Homeless Person

     Its been like 24 hours since I did this challenge and I'm still feeling damn good about it. I packed a lunch and went downtown to find a homeless man to give the lunch to. I went to a Super Target and picked up a couple cheap snacks to throw into the unsheltered mans lunch bag. I got a lunchable, some apple juice and a big ol bag of generic cheeto's; I was set. I was downtown to take care of some unfinished school business at Metro but I figured that the homeless man's lunch challenge would be a good goal to tack onto my day's agenda. So, I took care of my school stuff and I skated around the city for a couple hours and on my way back to my car, I saw a man with a tattered cardboard sign. The sign was stained with dirt and sharpie. I simply skated up to him and said "Hungry?". He looked at me surprised, and I said "Want some food?". I don't really know why he looked so surprised, I mean he was holding a sign that was asking for help, and I happened to offer the help he was seeking. He saw as I unzipped my backpack and pulled out the Super Target grocery bag. He nodded cheerily as I handed it to him and hinted to what might have became a smile. I didn't have time to chit chat cause I had to get to work but I assume that he was pretty stoked. Call it karma, call it mo-jo, but whatever you call it, it felt good to do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment