Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 51: Learn How To Tie A Tie

my ugly tie
     This a goal that I have tried countless time but have yet to successfully complete. Thats not good considering that I have to wear a tie when I work as a waiter at my other job. I hate having to ask someone to tie it cause I'm too incompetent to do so myself. I actually ended up winning the "ugliest tie contest" at my work during the Christmas party. I think that lighting the tie on fire, staining it with various condiments from the fridge and covering it in tar may have been what won it for me. I remember someone complementing the tie after I won. They said something along the lines of "I like how bad you tied it to give it more of a trashed feel". I admit that I put an embarrassing amount of time (like 2 hours) into making that tie look god awful, but making the tie look bad didn't translate into how poorly I tied it. Actually I spent another embarrassing chunk of time trying to figure out how a tie is even worn. So that comment made by a fellow employee is why I decided that today, I would learn how to tie a tie.
     I watched this video several times and it seemed to explain the whole ordeal pretty well. I'm still not very good at it, but I'm way closer to looking somewhat presentable then I currently was

No comments:

Post a Comment