Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 41: The 8x8 Rule Of Water

     The 8x8 rule is when your supposed to drink 8 glasses with 8 oz of water. I use the word supposed very loosely cause I found out that the 8x8 rule really doesn't have any scientific data to back its claim. Its more of a guideline thats been set by people that assume that they are right. I wanted to find the vlogbrothers video in which John explains how your body will tell you when your thirsty and when you need to stop chugging but its so hard to find. He says that the rule is bologna and that instead of trusting what others prescribe about how much to drink, you should, I don't know, consult yourself. So today I did the 8x8 rule, which was not that hard at all. I guess that I was under the impression that I would be downing glasses left and right, and then I'd probably almost wet myself halfway through. But, it was pretty uneventful. In fact, I ended up drinking about one extra cup out of pure thirst. Water is basically the only thing (other than milk and juice) I drink anyways. I don't feel anymore alive than I normally do, but who knows, maybe the 8x8 rule is the bee's knees. I might try the salt water cleanse next, I hear its supposed to flush me out. I think it works like a natural colon-blow. Yee-haw.

No comments:

Post a Comment