Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 228: BASE

     I don't know if you guys remember my 'interview practice' challenge from a couple weeks back, but it seemed to have worked. I ended up getting the job and today was my first day. The 'job' is at an elementary school that's a mild mile north of my house (It's probably faster to get to on my bike). Basically, I (and some others) will be watching over a hundred or so kids everyday after school. I've been trying to get this job at a number of schools for the better part of a year and I can't tell you how good it feels to finally get that welcoming call after the interview. I came in today to start my first paid playground session and met most of the staff. Everyone is nice and seems like they will be easy to get along with. I tried to memorize as many of the kid's names as I could within the first hour, but that wasn't about to happen. I learned the names of the trouble-makers almost instantaneously and was pushing kids on the swings in no time. I think I'm gonna like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment