Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 260: Baja Sausage and Imitation Crab Meat

     My dad had one of those cookout days today. He picked up some high class sausage and a package of imitation from whole foods. The fake crab was used as dip for the whole wheat crackers he bought. I just looked up what exactly imitation crab was and now I pretty disgusted. Wiki tells me that it is a hunk of finely processed and highly pulverized white fish flesh that is shaped and cured to resemble crab legs. That just sounds gnarly. It's probably good that I didn't know what I was really eating because I think I would of had second thoughts. As far as the taste goes, it wasn't that bad at all, but good luck getting me to eat it after I learned that Wiki used the word 'pulverized' to describe how it's made. Gross. The sausage goes through basically the same violent process as the fake crab, but it doesn't freak me out as much (I think its cause I've always known that about them). And, much like the fake crab, it tasted a lot better than how I assumed something that had just been pulverized would taste. I guess that's a good thing?


No comments:

Post a Comment