Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 245: Kakuro

     Kakuro is the close cousin of the Sudoku game that I was recently introduced to. I was telling my grandparents about my experience with Sudoku and they assured me that I would love Kakuro. My Grandmother handed me the Kakuro book she had been working on and I thumbed through the pages, looking for the beginner section. In a lot of ways, the two puzzle games a very similar. Kakuro is basically a mathematical crossword puzzle. The numbers on the edge of the puzzle are the clues you use to fill in the empty squares. All squares must be filled in with the digits 1-9, and they should add up to the number that is on the edge of the puzzle. I find that this game is a bit harder than Sudoku, mostly cause I suck at math. Luckily I did manage to get the hold of the game and even completed a couple of the puzzles.

No comments:

Post a Comment