Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 253: Bake a Cake

POW!
     It was my friend Cody's birthday today so it was obvious that cake was going to be eaten, and it was also obvious that I would be the one baking it. The last time I baked anything was that doughnut that was (to put it nicely) terrible, so my culinary confidence was running low. I gathered the ingredients and double checked every step before going forward. All the measurements were exact and that seemed to pay off because I was pleasantly surprised when I took the cake out of the oven. It looked good, like, good enough to eat. And it even tasted good, like, good enough for more than one slice. I was proud, and relieved that I avoided the disappointment of two consecutive kitchen disasters. We enjoyed our cake while we watched skate videos for the rest of the night, it was a good night indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment