Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 255: Lock Picking

     I was thinking to myself about how I wanted some more desirable skills. After some pondering about what skills are cool verses which ones are lame, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to learn how to pick locks. I looked up tutorials on the two strategies that I knew of, the one that used a paper clip, and the one that used the credit card. The videos on both of the techniques seemed to be easy enough so I had a go with the door knob for my room. I assured myself that with the right amount of luck and enough time, I would totally be able to break into my own room. Needless to say, I never did break into my room. I wasn't ready to give up, so I lock myself out of my house and picked at the lock on the front door. Periodically, I would bang on the door and have my brother unlock it so I could asses what I was doing wrong. But again, I couldn't get past the door. All I had to show for my work was a mangled paper clip and Safeway Club Card (and a hefty amount of frustration). I decided to call it quits before a suspecting neighbor could call the cops on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment