Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 125: Environmental Colorado

     Went to a job interview in Boulder. It for this place called Environmental Colorado. They are those people that prey on helpless patrons of the Pearl St. Mall. They ask you to sign petitions and donate to help their cause. Granted, the causes that they support are good ones, but the way they get donations is a bit iffy. My friend Cody and I got guilt tripped by one of the street recruiters into a donation. I only did a one time payment of $10, but Cody got conned into making a monthly payment. Thats $120 bucks a year, sweet jebus thats alotta cash. Then we talked to another street recruiter from another company. They were trying to gather donations for starving children, and I guess business was bad cause this guy was so desperate to get us to donate.  He looked a lot like the blonde guy from Dude Where's My Car?.  He wouldn't let us go. I kept saying that we weren't interested and that we didn't have any money. But then he'd combat it by saying something like "Dude, sponsoring children totally gets you chicks" and then he'd hold up an open hand for a high five. Twenty minutes went by and he was still arguing for us to give him money and Cody looked like he was about to cave in. He was checking his bank funds on his phone to see if there was any money to spare. This kid is broke as all hell and he was so close to giving everything that he had left to some random guy with a clipboard, thats major karma points. We eventually got out of that uncomfortable situation and went on with our day. After seeing exactly what the job entails, I decided that it wasn't for me. Call me a wimp, but I don't want to get rejected by 99% of the people I talk to for 8 hours a day. I asked the guy how many people say yes just out of curiosity. He said that on a good day, 3 or 4 people. Thats insanity. So I guess this challenge is that I supported the environment by donating my 10 bucks. I hope they can make some positive changes with that.
This is the kind of vibe I was getting

Here's some links to their sites if you feel so inclined to support these wonderful causes without the guilt trip: http://www.environmentcolorado.org/

http://www2.children.org/en/us/Pages/home.aspx?sid=484D9B4C-967B-4FF4-8845-37E97B836CB1

No comments:

Post a Comment