Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 136: Change My Car's Oil

Wheres the fun in this?
     I'm not what you would consider a 'car guy'. I don't know much about them, and I don't car to learn about them. This is the kind of mindset that has gotten this car into such bad shape. I want to get it in a better working condition, so I took some advice from a friend (Mouse) that knows more about cars than I would ever like to know, and I changed my oil.Oil changes are the most important thing you can do for your car, and apparently performing one is 'super easy', well thats what the online videos told me. But we were sprawled under my car last night fandangling with some bolt for way too long. It was cold, dirty, frustrating and really really boring. We eventually got the bolt, and drained the oil, replaced the bolt, and replaced the oil filter (which was even harder to screw off than the bolt). The point is, I learned how to change my oil, and how to change my air filter. I spent about $35 on the supplies for this project and I think that I'm just going to take the car to some mechanic next time for like $40. I don't care if it costs more, cause changing my oil wasn't very fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment