Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 120: Eat A Cactus



You're doing it wrong
   
   














   
     I bought three cactus leafs at the flea market. I guess that they are called "nopales", probably because their prickly needless scared off any potential friends and now they have no pals (Get it? Nopales = no pals. Cactus humor anyone? No? Pfft, whatever). So anyways, I skinned those bad boys and cooked them up real good. Getting the needles off was no easy task, but I got through it with only the slightest of injury. I cooked up the diced cacti in a pan of olive oil and garnished the cubes with some sea salt and pepper. The end product wasn't very good, but it was a little better then the bitter aftertaste of the raw cactus. It was a crappy snack, and I'm not excited to live off of it once the after the apocalypse hits, but its some good survival training. I ate the snack about 12 hours ago and I'm starting to feel like crap, hopefully I don't puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment